Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Audio Units

Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 PM

Default Diva (new u-he synth) Public beta

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0
Old 11-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Default Diva is Divine

Yup I'm a U-he user, and now have ACE, UHBIK, and Filterscape. Diva is on trial. It seems very easy to work with, high quality interface and tools. I'm all for it, if the money is free. Now when I just work out the bills that need to be paid. whew.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 AM

That trial lasted like 3 minutes. It's so freaking fat, even ACE will not be used very much here anymore. And neither will my Juno.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
That trial lasted like 3 minutes. It's so freaking fat, even ACE will not be used very much here anymore. And neither will my Juno.

I'm sure Urs' will be glad for your support.. I'm going to have to upgrade my system before any buying a super synths. It's two nerveracking to see my CPU in the Red, all the time.

But for sound quality Diva is hard to beat.. Although I like my Modelling Collection and Chromphone just fine for the next few months while I build up my Money for Mac Mini . 1,2,3,4, see my bucks go out the door!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM

I caved on Diva, even though I'll only be able to use one instance with 4-6 voices in Great or Devine modus, I couldn't pass up the 60 $ rebate until the 15 of Jan. So it's an awesome synth, something of a cameleon too.

Diva rules!

Wade
Old 01-29-2012, 06:21 AM

I'm sure having fun with Diva!

I've never really got down to really playing the synth like a solo instrument with the pedals mod wheel pitch aftertouch in mono legato mode with stacked voices. Distortion pedals reverb realtime control of it all. It's totally engrossing. Fun to work like this. It's all been etched on my aural nerve in the past. Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jean Luc Ponty. These lines incessant searching hungry for exploring the lyric, the explosive outburst. the trill pained and endless ending in a SCREECH..

Diva got me going on this. Why did I wait! The mono lead rules..

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-30-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 PM

You missed Jan Hammer there for the mod wheel thing.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
You missed Jan Hammer there for the mod wheel thing.

Ha! I was just looking up Jan Hammer today, he really made a splash. Fusion jazz. It all sound very frenetic to my ears today. But back in the day it was a revelation!

I thing I'm more into finding my own voice, but using the expressive techniques he explored in a more open way. Classically inspired but also the Raga of indian where although it gets dense and energetic usually has these wonderfully long build ups.

Diva sounds soo good that I'm really not getting putting anything else on the program while we get hit by a cold snap in Denmark.

Regards

Wade
Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM

Hehe, talking about Indian ragas: have you heard Charanjit Singh's stuff yet? (also read up here)

Btw, what distortion do you like to use with synths? Don't you find stomp boxes too noisy (do you use a noise gate maybe)?

That snap of cold is sure hitting the Netherlands too.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:40 AM

@Sjoerd, I'll check the Raga, I think Indian music was one kind of music where I actually learned how to stop the mind wandering while at a concert. It's like they have these lines that unfold on an almost global scale.

As far as distortion is concerned. I've had the Ensoniz DP4 for many years and it here I got a taste for using distortion on everyting else than guitars.

Right now I use my Uhbik Runciter and a pedal to fade in and out of the mix. I also use the UHBIK F, and UHBIK P, UHBIK S.

I tried th Stillwell Distortion Big Mojo or something. That's a cool plug for distortion. Otherwise Im pretty ignorant of whats out there.

Regards

Wade