Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 02-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Default Multiple LFO Targets

First Post. First Day with app. Very interesting -- focused and deep.

First Question:

How do I setup multiple Param Mod targets from one LFO (including multiple indexes where applicable)?

Cheers

Last edited by chanceoperation; 02-22-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Typo in subject
Old 02-22-2015, 12:37 PM

Click on the "Routing" tab and assign virtual cables.
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 02-22-2015, 06:08 PM

Thanks Per but was I not clear enough. Let me try again:

I right click on the 12th Gate pot in a sequencer and choose Add Modulation, an LFO. That adds the LFO to the stack above the sequencer, with the Target Module being the sequencer, the Target Param being the Gate Length, and the Index being 12. Perfect.

But if I repeat with a different Gate pot (say Index 8) N4 gives another LFO entirely.

I don't want a whole new LFO doing its own thing. I am looking for multiple targets from one LFO, so that there will be interrelated modulations going on, for example, one Index's Gate Length increasing in sync with another Index's Gate Length decreasing.

I looked in the routing, but neither of these modulation targets appear there.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceoperation View Post
Thanks Per but was I not clear enough. Let me try again:

I right click on the 12th Gate pot in a sequencer and choose Add Modulation, an LFO. That adds the LFO to the stack above the sequencer, with the Target Module being the sequencer, the Target Param being the Gate Length, and the Index being 12. Perfect.

But if I repeat with a different Gate pot (say Index 8) N4 gives another LFO entirely.

I don't want a whole new LFO doing its own thing. I am looking for multiple targets from one LFO, so that there will be interrelated modulations going on, for example, one Index's Gate Length increasing in sync with another Index's Gate Length decreasing.

I looked in the routing, but neither of these modulation targets appear there.
Look in the 'CV Processing' category in the browser. a lot of modules there that can do what you are looking for:

Param Mod being the first one. create an LFO module, hook up some Param Mod Modules to its 'CV out' and set your mod destinations in these, NOT the LFO itself. now here's the fun (and mind-bogging) thing:
you can set different Mod destinations PER (no pun intended!) Stack Preset.
If this doesn't give you the control you want, or want to fine-tune it some more (CV signal reverse, lag, scale etc) then look into the 'Signal Proc' & 'Scale & Offset' Modules.

does this help?