Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 AM

Default Support for Livid CNTRL:R

Hi Jim,

I think you heard this a lot of times, but here we go: Keep up the great work you are doing, Numerology is one of the greatest creations in the music software industry.

The reason for this thread is to ask if you are planning any support for the LIvid CNTRL:R in the future. Since I have 2 Launchpad (the older Launchpad and the Launchpad S), it is not a must for me, but it would be nice if I could also use my CNTRL:R with Numerology, since it is a performance controller and has a lot of knobs that can be used.

I look forward to see if you would consider this and also would like to know if other users have a livid CNTRL:R and have this question or found a solution to this themselves.

Keep It Spinnin'

Mike Bosch
Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebosch View Post
Hi Jim,

I think you heard this a lot of times, but here we go: Keep up the great work you are doing, Numerology is one of the greatest creations in the music software industry.
Awesome, many thanks -- I truly appreciate all compliments, that's what keeps me going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebosch View Post
The reason for this thread is to ask if you are planning any support for the LIvid CNTRL:R in the future. Since I have 2 Launchpad (the older Launchpad and the Launchpad S), it is not a must for me, but it would be nice if I could also use my CNTRL:R with Numerology, since it is a performance controller and has a lot of knobs that can be used.

I look forward to see if you would consider this and also would like to know if other users have a livid CNTRL:R and have this question or found a solution to this themselves.
I'm planning a 'mixer mapping' that should work with the CNTRL:R -- and with the Ohm -- you'd be able to map a 'channel' of knobs, buttons and sliders to mix-type params and use a couple buttons to switch banks -- I'm not quite sure how all the details would work yet. I plan to use an OSC variant of that mapping with the iPad as well. It would compliment the Launchpad's nicely, of course. And you would still be able to MIDI Map the controls not used for the mixer mapping to other useful stuff.

Oh, and it would also be easy to setup the "Transport Remote" mapping -- in N4 there's nothing stopping you from using one controller to do multiple things...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-07-2014, 03:47 AM

Back to Numerology after a long break of very little music making, I forgot just how great it was ! Loving version 4.
I'm a bit out of touch with some of the new features though, has this mixer mapping been added, or is there a similar function ?

I've got a CNTRL:R as well as a Lanchpad S and would love to use the two together.
I'm wondering what is the best way to map all these knobs and faders ?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTriggerFish View Post
Back to Numerology after a long break of very little music making, I forgot just how great it was ! Loving version 4.
I'm a bit out of touch with some of the new features though, has this mixer mapping been added, or is there a similar function ?
Not yet, but it is moving up the list -- it may not make it for 4.0, but if not, would show up pretty soon after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTriggerFish View Post
I've got a CNTRL:R as well as a Lanchpad S and would love to use the two together.
I'm wondering what is the best way to map all these knobs and faders ?
For now: I'd use it the way I use TouchOSC on the iPad -- for mixing and a few select critical params. In my case, that would mean:

- Making a 'standard setup' -- i.e. a base project I use when starting anything new -- one stack for the modular, one for a minitaur, one for drums, etc.
- Map the most important 8 stacks to the faders on the CNTRL:R and treat those 'columns' (or part of them )of controls as a mixer: volume, pan, etc.
- I'd then pick some critical items I want control over and map them to the center set of knobs & buttons. In my case, those controls are on a pair of LFOs I send to the modular, a filter on a drum kit, and a few FX params (delay wet/dry, etc).
- I'd also pick 4 or so buttons and map them using the 'Transport Remote' controller, for easy access to stop, play, rec, RTA, etc.

For the leftover buttons, you might consider some stack preset action. For instance, if you have a stack you use for drum sequencing, that's usually a good spot to map the first 8 or so presets. You could take all the buttons on the bottom 2 rows and map 8 presets on 4 stacks, or perhaps 16 presets on drums, then 8 for bass, and 8 for something else.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-08-2014, 03:34 AM

Great, thanks a lot for your excellent answer !
I will try this setup.

Tags
cntrl:r, launchpad, livid, numerology