Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 12-22-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Have Launchpad vers1 what next?

I getting interested in the new multi lauchpad capability in Numerology4 Pro

Should I just get the old original version Launchpad the new version or two Launchpad minis?

Any ideas?

Regards

Wade
Old 12-22-2013, 03:20 PM

For the price of the Launchpad S you could almost get two LP Minis. Haven't played with the Minis myself (yet). Getting the Minis depends on the size of your fingers also i guess. Or just snatch up some used original LP's….
Old 12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Mini vs. full size is definitely going to be a personal preference issue.

In general, it is better to have two of the same model, as then they both look exactly the same -- the Launchpad S colors are different enough from the old one to cause a bit of confusion if you flip between them. However, if you just use one for, say, presets and another for editing/programming, then probably not that big of a deal.

Another advantage of the new ones is that they are 'class compliant' for USB MIDI -- meaning that you can use them with iPads...

Jim
Old 12-24-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Mini vs. full size is definitely going to be a personal preference issue.

In general, it is better to have two of the same model, as then they both look exactly the same -- the Launchpad S colors are different enough from the old one to cause a bit of confusion if you flip between them. However, if you just use one for, say, presets and another for editing/programming, then probably not that big of a deal.

Another advantage of the new ones is that they are 'class compliant' for USB MIDI -- meaning that you can use them with iPads...

Jim
Well as I've got GAS I'm usually low on funds, so economically I think it makes sense just to supplement my existing LP version 1 with an additional used version 1. I don't think class compliance means anything in relation to my usage scenario which is solely to mate it with Numerology. I have the novation Nocturn controller as well as Machine version 1 so if I spend any real money additional controller device it would be a nice fader setup.

What would be neat for an expanded setup and yet to keep the size down, would be to have four launchpad minis in a DIY frame to gain have access to a 256 pad interface..Perhaps in a year or two there will be some minis on the used market which could make it econoically attractive. I actually dislike using money on the toylike novation controllers but light is good and they work without a hitch.. Getting them used here in Denmark is a way to keep the prices down.

Thanks Jim and tetra for the fast replies.. I'll likely pick up a used Launchpad within a week then...