Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Default Running Numerology on a Mac w/ a PC-based DAW

I was wondering if anyone out there is currently using Numerology in a studio with a PC-based DAW, and how they chose to handle things like sync, MIDI transmission, audio streaming, etc. I had an email request for options in this area, and I should also start making some notes to add to the "Integration" chapter in the doc later on...

Thanks!,
Jim
Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 PM

Actually, I've been wondering how to sync N2 to PC-based software too. Unfortunately, I don't have any good hints yet. TBH, I'm not even sure how to sync Mac<->Mac.

BTW, this is just a home/hobbyist studio, so I'm not really familiar with the professional state of the art in audio sync.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:42 AM

Just got a mac g4 to run n2 with my pc daw (ableton live main daw).
Thinking of having n2 just run as a 'midi instrument' on the g4 and tie/sync it into my pc daw.
Ok, how do I do this, what do I need, fire, usb..
Really would love to have 3 midi tracks in live able to record midi from N2.
Nice program... help so I can get the full version to save my setups.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Just got a mac g4 to run n2 with my pc daw (ableton live main daw).
Thinking of having n2 just run as a 'midi instrument' on the g4 and tie/sync it into my pc daw.
Ok, how do I do this, what do I need, fire, usb..
Really would love to have 3 midi tracks in live able to record midi from N2.
Nice program... help so I can get the full version to save my setups.
Until I can find a reliable method to do it over ethernet, I would recommend getting cheap MIDI interfaces for each computer and using either MIDI Clock or MTC. On the mac, you'll get better results if you use an interface that supports "MIDI Timestamps" for more accurate sending and reception. Since many USB controller keyboards and audio interfaces (USB and firewire) have MIDI ports, there are a lot of options available.

Best,
Jim
Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I was wondering if anyone out there is currently using Numerology in a studio with a PC-based DAW, and how they chose to handle things like sync, MIDI transmission, audio streaming, etc. I had an email request for options in this area, and I should also start making some notes to add to the "Integration" chapter in the doc later on...

Thanks!,
Jim

that exactly how i will use it to, i will run numerology on my macbook and only control hardware, in slave mode and have ableton live send midiclock to it.. and don bother to record any midi to ableton(WIN) if that even is possible.. only record very large audiofiles.

yes a pdf manual would be really nice!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM

I only really use protools for recrding and mixing, so although I am a new user and have some stuff to learn, I think i'll fall in this catergory.

I was planning on using lauchpad and a mac mini ppc to control external gear and soft synths on the pc daw, with the mac as the midi master but perhaps i'll run it as a slave to to protools depending on wahtever works better. I hope I'll have a mixture of songs that start on Protools or on numerology, so it will be itnersting to see who ends up becoming the master.