Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 01-27-2017, 08:07 AM

Default Numerology and Eurorack

Hello from London

Finally bought some modular gear this year and just realised that my Beatstep (unloved and unused) and Korg SQ-1 (used a bit but a bit limiting) both work as Midi to CV controllers.
So, Ableton Live, Numerolgy plug-ins and a Launchpad gives me a hardware sequencer for the modular.
Works a treat.

Rob
Old 01-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

*thumbs up!*

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-20-2017, 10:51 PM

Is there a manual or guide for using Numerology standalone with modular?
Old 02-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchbutter View Post
Is there a manual or guide for using Numerology standalone with modular?
There's no central location for modular-specific info, but here is what to look
at:

- If you have Expert Sleepers' Silent Way, see this video for how to set it up with Numerology: https://vimeo.com/9868698

- If you have N4 Pro, you can use the CV to Audio module with a DC-capable audio interface (most MOTU units, various Expert Sleepers euro modules, etc) to transmit Numerology's internal CV signals directly to a modular. The results are not calibrated, so not so great for pitch, but just fine for modulation or when you don't need accurate pitch values.

If I am going for a pitched sequence w/ the modular, I use a MonoNote with Silent Way and an ES-3, but you could also use a regular MIDI/CV interface just fine.

When I'm in a more experimental mood, I'll use the direct CV2Audio option -- also fed through the ES-3, and use Mod Seqs, Gate Seqs and LFOs to generate control signals.

In both cases, I *always* use some sort of hardware control (Launchpad, TouchOSC on iPad, a Knobs-n-Buttons MIDI controller, etc) so that I have some hands-on controls both for Numerology and the modular. This is really the most important part: setting up controllers so that when you are in "creative mode" (vs. "studio setup" mode) you can focus on physical controls instead of the mouse.

Cheers,
Jim

Tags
beatstep, eurorack, korg sq1, midi to cv