Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 02-07-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagger288 View Post
one think i've been thinking about trying for sequences lately, has been to write 3 or 4 sequences with different pattern lengths, but maybe similar harmonic structures (or related ones) and using an LFO to move through the patterns. This would give a sense of complexity but easy to keep under control. maybe i'll give that a shot tonight
would be helpful to see some examples like this... One thing with Numerology (being new to it) is that examples are not easy to see what is going on. I wonder if there could be some schematic view that would give an overview of the structure of the stack(s)? and how everything is connected? Or maybe I just need to keep working on it and it will start to become more obvious... hmmm
Old 02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deva View Post
would be helpful to see some examples like this... One thing with Numerology (being new to it) is that examples are not easy to see what is going on. I wonder if there could be some schematic view that would give an overview of the structure of the stack(s)? and how everything is connected? Or maybe I just need to keep working on it and it will start to become more obvious... hmmm
Probably the best way to learn a new stack, other than just fiddling with the controls, is to look at the routing page, which will show all MIDI, Audio and CV connections. One thing it doesn't show is ParamMod connections, something that should probably be addressed.

Also, I should be doing more demo & tutorial videos...

Regardless : Never hesitate to ask questions, either on the forum or by emailing. I don't mind answering them, and they always give me valuable insight on how Numerology can be improved.

Best,
Jim
Old 02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay View Post
Interesting thread, although I'm some what lost.
Just wondering if anyone has furthered any of the ideas mentioned here?
Anyone have any numerology examples?
I'll give it a bump on my personal list. I should have some non-programing time available later this week.

Jim
Old 02-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagger288 View Post
one think i've been thinking about trying for sequences lately, has been to write 3 or 4 sequences with different pattern lengths, but maybe similar harmonic structures (or related ones) and using an LFO to move through the patterns. This would give a sense of complexity but easy to keep under control. maybe i'll give that a shot tonight
I had ago at something like this the other day. Had an LFO controlling step rate of a mononote , scrolling through 8ths-128ths. Worked quite well, but was wondering if there is another way to control the speed at which an LFO can step through a mononote seq?

On another note () anyone heard the new Ae album? Bloody lovely melodies!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I had ago at something like this the other day. Had an LFO controlling step rate of a mononote , scrolling through 8ths-128ths. Worked quite well, but was wondering if there is another way to control the speed at which an LFO can step through a mononote seq?
Change the "Rate Mode" to Ratio or Percent -- that menu is just below the main Rate menu. Ratio gives you two params you can use to set the speed as a ratio of a beat. The Percent option sets the speed as a percent of a beat. Both are very good options for modulation. Using one or two ModSeqs on the Ratio numerator and denominator are great ways to get off-kilter rhythms.

Quote:
Haven't yet, I'll have to dig around for some clips...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-24-2010, 04:09 AM

Cheers Jim, I'll give it a try tonight!

You can download the Ae album from Bleep.com. They've released the digital download!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Ooooh. Are they back to doing melodies now? I don't mind random bleeps and bloops, but they do start to get tiresome after a while if there's no counterbalance.