Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post

I think a module that riffs on Audiomulch's metasurface (not necessarily a preset morpher, just suited to touchscreens) could be pretty cool.
Nice thinking there! Count me in, AudioMulch's Metasurface is awesome!
It would make a fabulous addition to an already fabulous application that i can't stop using anymore. Needless to say which one i mean here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsonx View Post
+1 on this, in another post i was discussed with Jim about some form of knobs movement recording a la korg-ER-1
Yes please!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala View Post
I know you've been asked this for a few times, but
as I'm moving more and more away from the laptop for music, numerology on ios would rock my ship.
Don't waste your time doing some controller app for numerology, there is concrete performer and the lemur thing
You can do it, maybe start a poll to see if there would be enough interest in a port to ios?
Pretty please
I'm not actually writing a controller app, I am implementing a protocol within N3 (for OSC *and* MIDI) to make all controllers (that are not grids) more useful. I think the iPad is great, esp. as a way pack loads of control options (via multiple pages), but I do agree that having tactile options is also important -- so my goal is to support all controllers well. My goal is to fill my 30"x60" dining table with all kinds of controllers (Launchpad, Block, Monome, iPad, iPhone, PC1600, a keyboard or two, etc), all running at once, all off of one Numerology session.

As for an iPad app, well I can't really say much yet --- every time in the past when I have mentioned that some big new thing is coming I've been ridiculously late in delivering it. But I do still try to provide some guidance on important missing features (like multi-threaded rendering). Also, as the Numerology user base grows, I have to be mindful to make sure those users are taken care of, and that some long-looked-for and important things are taken care of. And though I think the iPad is an awesome platform, it has some very practical limitations for most musical uses, such as only stereo audio in/out and no way to run plugins. What I can say, is that there are some big things coming.

On the Metasurface front, you can get very similar effects by using the Triple XY, the binary operator and ParamMod modules, and probably some graph paper to sort out what you're looking for. Basically it would go like this: Take the CV outputs of a single XY module, feed them into a series of SignalProc modules to create sub-ranges, process as needed (w/ binary ops) to get the desired target value ranges, then feed into some ParamMods. No, its not as convenient as the metasurface, and it would require quite some geometry to setup arbitrary control areas, but I would bet that you could have quite a bit of fun with just a 9-way subdivision, and you can build it now…

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-07-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

On the Metasurface front, you can get very similar effects by using the Triple XY, the binary operator and ParamMod modules, and probably some graph paper to sort out what you're looking for. Basically it would go like this: Take the CV outputs of a single XY module, feed them into a series of SignalProc modules to create sub-ranges, process as needed (w/ binary ops) to get the desired target value ranges, then feed into some ParamMods. No, its not as convenient as the metasurface, and it would require quite some geometry to setup arbitrary control areas, but I would bet that you could have quite a bit of fun with just a 9-way subdivision, and you can build it now…

Cheers,
Jim
Great tips there Jim! I'll go check all of that out right now!

Off-topic, regarding the building: this is one of the reasons i bought Numerology in the first place. To have all these blocks with which you can build so many different things. Reminds me of when i was a kid, building all kinds of stuff with LEGO. Now it's evolved into audio/midi/cv LEGO. I can't remember the last time i had such fun with an application prior to Numerology.
So thank you once again!

Last edited by 33tetragammon; 01-08-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

As for an iPad app, well I can't really say much yet --- every time in the past when I have mentioned that some big new thing is coming I've been ridiculously late in delivering it. But I do still try to provide some guidance on important missing features (like multi-threaded rendering). Also, as the Numerology user base grows, I have to be mindful to make sure those users are taken care of, and that some long-looked-for and important things are taken care of. And though I think the iPad is an awesome platform, it has some very practical limitations for most musical uses, such as only stereo audio in/out and no way to run plugins. What I can say, is that there are some big things coming.

Jim
Hi Jim,

thx for getting back to me.
about "Plugins" im sure u have heard about OMAC?
its a Concept where Apps can send Midi to each other and that makes Apps Sound when they are in the background. Google group is here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...-collaboration
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
about "Plugins" im sure u have heard about OMAC?
its a Concept where Apps can send Midi to each other and that makes Apps Sound when they are in the background. Google group is here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...-collaboration
Interesting, I had not, I'll keep an eye on it...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Hey Jim,

I know you've been asked this for a few times, but
as I'm moving more and more away from the laptop for music, numerology on ios would rock my ship.
Don't waste your time doing some controller app for numerology, there is concrete performer and the lemur thing
You can do it, maybe start a poll to see if there would be enough interest in a port to ios?
Pretty please

pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM

just adding my 2 cents for the iPad app version of Numerology. I am one of (how many?) people using synths and samplers live and I don't need the power of a PC to create sound. I currently battle with an MPC and a Monomachine so a solid sequencer(with PC compatibility) on an iPad would rock my world.