Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 AM

Default FaderBox CC Map problems

Faders set to a custom range won't cc map correctly. I've previously been able to clear this by restarting and re-loading, but it's permanent w/ build 11 as far as I've been able to test.

I set F1 to 1 ~ 16, after which, attempts to map a midi cc led to the screen fader stuck at max range. Setting it back to -1 ~ 1, cc mapping worked as expected. Setting it back to 1 ~ 16 brings it back to "stuck at top."

I've tested with two controllers, and it only happens with the one that supports midi reflection. If I learn the midi cc with a controller that ignores cc reflection, it works fine. Even stranger, if I learn the cc from the controller w/o reflection, not only does it function correctly, but the previous learn from the controller w/ reflection also functions correctly. If I do an "unlearn" on the reflecting controller mapping before doing a "learn" with the non-reflecting controller, the previous mapping doesn't apply as per the above.

I'm learning "Targ," btw. Possibly an issue with my reflection-aware controller, it's a synth that doubles as a control surface in a way that makes me think the vendor may not have crossed all their t's and dotted all their i's implementing it.

Also, it would be really nice if "delete" worked when setting the custom fader values.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FaderBoxCCMapTest.nmp.zip (8.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Interesting. I'll examine the stack and get back to you soon via email. Possibly I'll have to send you a test build to determine what the controller is up to.

Jim
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 PM

A Behringer BCR2000 showed up today, and it exhibits the same behavior.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator

The FaderBox isn't scaling properly when reflecting params. It will be fixed for the next build. I should be able to have it out next week.

Jim
Old 09-19-2010, 02:46 PM

I noticed I also can't ParamMod the faders with a custom range, eg, trying to use the step output of a sequencer to drive a fader with the range set to 0~15. I assume it's the same issue, thought I'd mention it in case ...
Old 09-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5tevens View Post
I noticed I also can't ParamMod the faders with a custom range, eg, trying to use the step output of a sequencer to drive a fader with the range set to 0~15. I assume it's the same issue, thought I'd mention it in case ...
Similar issue, different area... also fixed for build 12...

Jim
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 AM

Looking forward to fixes, very much appreciating the attention ... thx!