Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 10-16-2010, 04:47 AM

Thank´s for the quick reply Jim.

Concerning the link: AB (Antonio Blanca) made a custom template for Reaktor once for me. Really nice guy, to work together with. Since there are only a few Lemur users I understand that you rather focus on iPad. Feel free to contact him about that and ask. He is very interested in supporting small companies.

And yes, the multiple colour option is really useful with the Launchpad. I can not really see the different colours though because I have a red/green problem, hahah, but still it helps a lot that some pads light up more than others depending if they are active or not, so thats a good point.

Concerning the monome community: Someone started a discussion about Numerology and Five12 and asked if anyone uses it. The feedback was rather thin, what surprised me, because with the ability to have OSC support now it should definately be something to listen up to for monome users. You may check here and take a look:

http://post.monome.org/comments.php?...&page=1#Item_4

You may also check the available apps which have been made so far. I use Polygome/molar/boiing/plinkonome/raptor and other with pages which makes it possible to switch between apps using only one monome. Most with max for live except molar (vst) and pages which is a jar file.

http://docs.monome.org/doku.php?id=app

Again, thanks for Numerology. I am sure I will update soon, but I thougth I crap the most stable version for now. The upgrade would be the same price later on anyway.

Let me know if you need more info, I will be happy to help out.

Cheers
Markus

Btw.: I remember that a theatrical company was asking for developers at the monome community once. Take a look and make your own conclusion. Found it here: http://post.monome.org/comments.php?...page=1#Item_24

Sorry to bug you again Jim. I just read that I have to ask support if I want to have two licences of Numerology. I have one on my desktop and also want to have one on my Macbookpro. Should I contact support for that?

Last edited by him66; 10-16-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by him66 View Post
Sorry to bug you again Jim. I just read that I have to ask support if I want to have two licences of Numerology. I have one on my desktop and also want to have one on my Macbookpro. Should I contact support for that?
That is not necessary, the license allows you to have both installs.

Thanks again for the extra links!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-12-2010, 03:43 AM

TouchOSC on iPhone here.

I hooked up the network ports by the TouchOSC's (on iPhone) and Numerology's preferences, right-clicked on a FaderBox fader in Numerology to "learn OSC". Juggled a fader on the iPhone and... well, nothing happned. Is this not yet implemented? Are we just staring at empty drop-down menu options for future OSC support?

I think there is a very good point in supporting OSC for use with gadgets like the iPhone and iPad and that is portability. If you own an iPhone or an iPad you will bring it anyway and this means that right from the start you are at a much lower traveling cost when going between concerts on a tour. With the new flight luggage regulations the need for ultra portable gear has increased for all musicians. So while a dedicated controller might be more fun to gig with the iPad might win because if you bring it you you can leave some other stuff behind and become more portable.
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 12-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
I hooked up the network ports by the TouchOSC's (on iPhone) and Numerology's preferences, right-clicked on a FaderBox fader in Numerology to "learn OSC". Juggled a fader on the iPhone and... well, nothing happned. Is this not yet implemented? Are we just staring at empty drop-down menu options for future OSC support?
Nope, it works, but there are numerous "points of failure" that have to be checked, they include:
- Double-check that both devices are on the same network.
- The Host IP address in TouchOSC must match the mac's network address.
- Both the incoming and outgoing port numbers must match the prefs set in Numerology.
- You can't have any other program on the mac that already uses those ports.
- And sometimes I just have to fiddle with the "stay connected" switch as well.

Best,
Jim
Old 12-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Thank you for the quick answer, Jim. My setup is positive on all those points. Weird... I will try again. Then fiddle around with stuff and try again.... and try again... and....
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 AM

oh.... MAN! I just remembered I just noticed that I had still all apps I have been using still running in the background on the iPhone. Maybe that's the fishy part here? Will try again... and again... etc

EDIT:
Noop, that wasn't the problem either. But now I noticed that the IP address of my Macbook has changed so the Macbook and the iPhone are not on the same IP address any more. This is "wrong" according to your list above. But I can't find a way to edit the IP address in TouchOSC. Ideas?
soundcloud.com/pboy

Last edited by Per Boysen; 12-12-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
But now I noticed that the IP address of my Macbook has changed so the Macbook and the iPhone are not on the same IP address any more. This is "wrong" according to your list above. But I can't find a way to edit the IP address in TouchOSC. Ideas?
You can, just touch the Host IP field and you'll get a cursor...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-13-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
You can, just touch the Host IP field and you'll get a cursor...
Sorry, but Local IP address is about the only setting in the TouchOSC network pref's on my iPhone that I can not change! But all others can be edited: Host, Port (outgoing), Port (incoming).

At the bottom field, under Found Hosts, it correctly says Per Boysen's MacBook. So that's ok. Also, if I launch Logic, that natively supports a patricular TouchOSC template (for Logic), I can see that Logic receives the correct ports I have set in TouchOSC.
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 12-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sorry, but Local IP address is about the only setting in the TouchOSC network pref's on my iPhone that I can not change! But all others can be edited: Host, Port (outgoing), Port (incoming).

At the bottom field, under Found Hosts, it correctly says Per Boysen's MacBook.
Ahh, I must be behind a version....

Quote:
So that's ok. Also, if I launch Logic, that natively supports a patricular TouchOSC template (for Logic), I can see that Logic receives the correct ports I have set in TouchOSC.
I'll update to the latest TouchOSC and run a couple tests tonight.
And just to double-check: do the port numbers match what's in Numerology's prefs?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 12-13-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
And just to double-check: do the port numbers match what's in Numerology's prefs?
Absolutely! TouchOSC port numbers totally match Numerology port numbers. (I set that manually)
soundcloud.com/pboy