Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Audio Units

Old 05-10-2011, 07:22 AM

Default Freebie: Tyrell N6 (by u-he / AMAZONA.de)

For those who have not yet seen/downloaded/installed/heard this one: Tyrell Nexus 6.

Download Tyrell N6 Mac (/ Download Tyrell N6 Win)

For now at least, it is a (imho) great sounding freeware AU/VST synth plugin coded by u-he. It is relatively simple yet powerful, like many of the classic analog hardware synths.

As far as I've understood from the German pages linked below, it is (more or less) a software implementation of a synth (Tyrell), the specs of which are the result of extensive discussion by a very large number of users of the German AMAZONA.de forum, and which may one day exist in a hardware version as well (the general idea seems to have been that once a sufficiently large number of potential purchasers can agree in advance on the preferred specs / design of a polyphonic analog synth, it becomes much more attractive / feasible for some hardware manufacturer to actually develop and release such a machine commercially).

(in German) AMAZONA.de Tyrell page
(in German) 1.0.1 update
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 AM

NICE INSTRUMENT! The included presets were a bit unorganized, but well worth installing in the proper presets location. The process of auditioning presets is VERY quick, easy and elegant. It wouldn't be too difficult to reorganize the presets. The interface is simple enough to create new presets without any difficulty. Logical as can be. Thanks for posting it. The version was newer than what I had.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 PM

Nice, thanks for the info, I've been waiting for this to come out.

stubbsonic, Lafayette, Co eh? I'm posting this from my house near Baseline and Public road. Nice, maybe some live Numerology jamming needs to occur.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:42 AM

Sounds good, love that it's free, but the CPU seems really high for me for what it does. I feel like I do a time warp back to 2001 when I use it.

Tags
plugin, tyrell n6