Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 09-23-2011, 04:27 AM

Default Assign a MIDI channel to a stack

Or add a "reverse" to the MIDI filter module, so that I could easily say "only allow the following message types for a given MIDI channel".
Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11011011 View Post
Or add a "reverse" to the MIDI filter module, so that I could easily say "only allow the following message types for a given MIDI channel".
You can achieve just about anything with a combinations of the following;

Setting diffrent midi channels at the controller/keyboard

Note filters

Midi filters

Midi processing

Midi to CV

Example that might be what your looking for;

Midi in contect to two note filters.

The output from note one is set midi channel 1 could be set as an the UN effected channel output would be the stream that could go direct to a chosen module or sequencer.

The second Note filter set to output to channel 2 goes directly to you midi filter with the desired parametre/CC exceptions pitch bend velocity or whatever..

Take that output to your destination.

You end up with two midi streams if you should want to have a listen to what the filtered data would sound like in parallel with the unfiltered stream..

You could also put a midi processor module here if you want to transposition or randomize the output...Scale the velocity

The midi implementation at first glance seems a little limited. But with a little thought spliting the streams using the note processor to limit the input range.. Transposing, that output, using a lfo to hop around the range..

It gets pretty developed pretty fast..

Remember that you can also use the midi to CV module if you want to use the midi input to control things in the CV domain..

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 09-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Agree! The possibilities are endless, and that's awesome. I'm looking to add a simple workflow feature. Mostly to stop CC and prog change (and pitch bend) events from going to all my stacks (which are omni).
Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11011011 View Post
Agree! The possibilities are endless, and that's awesome. I'm looking to add a simple workflow feature. Mostly to stop CC and prog change (and pitch bend) events from going to all my stacks (which are omni).
I'm not sure then if my solutions were what you were looking for.

But I see that it's about the input to your sound modules..

This is a thing that I figured out after much time with numerology, "seems like he's a little thick in the head he is he is"

Don't spread you modules out all over the place.

Make one or two module stacks, and send your sequencers inputs or you extern inputs to this these module stacks..

Choose if you want to have each midi stream come in on its own bus, or use 16 midi channels on one bus.. The midi input modules are also handy because they have activety modules with four types of midi signals, notes, bends and aftertouch, CC, and program change. Very handy for diagnostics.

In the following example I've set two stacks up with just have a series of midi filter modules at the top of the stack.. here I just have them set to omni in, and the output set to follow a normal list of 1-8 channels.. Before sending them to the synth modules I could set a midi signal processor in the chain to create transposed voices or even introduce randomness in the midi stream.Or use a note filter to limit the range of notes, or scale the velocity

I also have a Dedicated Lfo stack for creating midi CC data which l route into the stack. Use midi CC generators for this..

Omni in to all stacks is no problem through use of the Midi filter or even the midi note filter alone if all you want to do is channelize.

Tags
feature, filter, midi