Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Tips & Tricks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2015, 09:12 PM

Default Glitch sequencing with an LFO

I just uploaded a short proof-of-concept video showing a dead simple stack I put together for glitch sequencing. Nothing particularly innovative here, just lazy-tooling some sounds and thought I'd share it. Here's a link and the description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8KS6_k7hcc

Just a short proof-of-concept video, driving a mono note sequencer with an LFO in Numerology. I watched a Mr. Bill video where he was creating glitch sequences in Live and it involved a lot of manual labor so I wanted to see if I could automate the process in Numerology (answer: yes, faster and more flexibly). Since I couldn't figure out how to target the variable current step-note I'm just targeting the first note of the mono note (works fine but isn't pretty).

A FaderBox is mapped to the LFO, mono note and a signal processor to allow quick control of Step Rate (LFO speed), Note Rate (mono note rate), Note Range (LFO depth), Note Shift (Signal Processor offset), Note Slew, Gate Length, Wave Shape and Velocity...

The MonoNote is plugged into a Battery template I made that's just 128 empty cells, which I dumped a folder of glitch samples onto. You could drive anything you want though.

I duplicated the stack to drive an instance of StutterEdit (just for fsu sng) which is processing the output of Battery.

Again this is just a loose proof-of-concept, but it's got a lot of potential as a generative engine, especially useful if you're too lazy to mash the keyboard like me.