Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 AM

Default "logic operations" module (not about Logic,no:)

Module which working like logic construction in programming language, making decisions based on input(midi/CV) and giving output in form of trigger-type message or single midi-note(not sure now, something that will work like "bang" message in max/msp).

So we can connect output of another module like mononote for example, which has different notes programmed and working in random mode, and when logic module, working in "if/else" mode receiving defined note it sending trigger to another sequencer(may be bad example but you know what i mean)

Modes can be:

IF

IF/ELSE

AND

NOT

May be it is possible t do it some other way, but this can be very nice for building up kind of algorithmic music setups...

Thank you!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Numerologist

hello,

first we need the °step on trigger mode° for all Seqs and
second we need this kind of module with all logic and maths with just gate and CV output to drive all the nice modules in Numerology!!

best
jue
Old 01-18-2009, 09:07 PM

We are getting into Bidule territory here. Not to detract from this suggestion, which I think is neat (with Jue's important caveat noted), what would have been ideal for me is if Numerology were an Audio Unit plugin, that I could use directly within Bidule, using all its modular goodness (including logical and mathematical functions) to trigger N2 step sequences.

But of course I can see that people don't necessarily want to use additional software, which is why such a feature would be useful natively within Numerology (though it would be a mere subset of the equivalent feature set in Bidule).

BTW, yes I know that since Bidule is also an Audio Unit that can be hosted within Numerology, and maybe that is the way to go for me, but initially the other way around would better suit my mental model of how to use Bidule.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:53 PM

Well...let` say that now we on territory of specific programming environments for producing sound and music, like PD, Max/Msp, Supercollider, Csound,ChucK, and programming paradigm in general, as well we can find this kind of things in Clavia production at least, Nord modular...there is such a thing as macros there, and specific module and/or/xor( actually never used this synth, but like to, just saw this module in one video

So, if think about why we need such a module, we can use Bidule for it, let`s say we can use use it for build something like a mononote, right, and then plug it into Numerology...haha But nobody will do it like this, what`s the point of Num itself then?

In my opinion module i suggested is only first little step for Numerology to become real professional modular sequencing studio, i`d iike to see in it full sized scripting abilities actually(Pro version?)! )))
Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomute View Post
Module which working like logic construction in programming language, making decisions based on input(midi/CV) and giving output in form of trigger-type message or single midi-note(not sure now, something that will work like "bang" message in max/msp).
Oh, sure, pretty easy to do, on the docket for the pro version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomute View Post
So we can connect output of another module like mononote for example, which has different notes programmed and working in random mode, and when logic module, working in "if/else" mode receiving defined note it sending trigger to another sequencer(may be bad example but you know what i mean)
I think you can do that particular trick already, either using MIDI to trigger a sequence, or by using the Midi2CV module to create a trigger to use for something else (such as the envelope). Drop me a note if you need details.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Oh, sure, pretty easy to do, on the docket for the pro version...

Cheers,
Jim
A little bit OT but what about the Pro version price ?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 AM

You mean we don't already have the pro version?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsonx View Post
A little bit OT but what about the Pro version price ?
I don't know for sure yet, but probably a bit below $100. I'll have a more official posting later this month.

Cheers,
Jim