Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 AM

Default A "stack into a stack" / group / folder / combine / rack module

A simple module to house other modules from a same stack,to have a clearer/simpler display.
Something quite close to Reason's Combinator or Live's Group function, but much simpler, without the meta-controls as Numerology already offers amazing routing/controls possibilities.
So yeah, a 100% GUI feature request.
Cheers !
Old 12-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
A simple module to house other modules from a same stack,to have a clearer/simpler display.
Something quite close to Reason's Combinator or Live's Group function, but much simpler, without the meta-controls as Numerology already offers amazing routing/controls possibilities.
So yeah, a 100% GUI feature request.
Cheers !
Yeah, that is something I've thought about for a while. I'm playing around with various ideas, though I'm still quite a ways from actually coding any of them...

In the meanwhile: You can use the FaderBox and ButtonBox and ParamMods to build an ad-hoc UI for a complex stack. That also makes setting up remote control easier.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-26-2011, 10:34 AM

The simpler the better. In my mind it's really a cosmetic request as Numerology already offers all the routing/grouping/mapping I need (and more !).
Something like a folder you can expand/collapse in a click, to hide all the "secondary" modules from a performance POV (like Param Mods, Binary Ops etc...) so that only the few essentials modules like sequencers, FaderBox, ButtonBox, TripleXY remains visible.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 PM

I'm bumping this for being an awesome idea. I agree a "group track" or "buss" function similar to Live's would be super useful, especially in a live performance atmosphere.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM

I've got some ideas on this subject as well.

I think for a start:

A way to hide modules that don't need to be adjusted once they are setup. For example; CV Signal processor, scale and offset, Unary, Binary and Tenary Ops, stuff like that.

A way to size certain modules with graphical elements, like the enevelopes, Lfos. Gate velocity and interval sequencers. or even combine three of each in a row

A signal present modules for Midi, CV audio busses. Perhaps sixteen per indicator module or 12 with 4 of each bus type.

Effects modules and synth modules three in a row, lots of space to save there.

Effects rack with drop down menu driven connection matrix to save space, and perhaps aid in keeping the signal path graphically cognitive. This combined with a small schemactics view like on the filterscape plug in for a quick overview. Numerology as it is, is excellent at facilitating setup of complex signal flows, but to view the results and understand whats going on or conceptualize improvements to a setup the routing pages is sometimes difficult to decipher..

A zoom view so you can see say 6 mono note sequencers at once.

A project overview window showing all modules in a project in a table where each column represents a stack, only text perhaps colour coding a quick overview with no graphics that could also be printed.

Just a few thoughts..

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-02-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 AM

+ 1 Bump this

diego
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 01-04-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm glad this feature request makes sense to you too !

Anyway that's quite a secondary request (even if quite useful), I imagine how busy you might be Jim with everything else.
Multi-thread rendering for AUs is what I wait the most (can't wait !).
Thank you so much Jim for listening to our suggestions : amazing support for an amazing software !
Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
I'm glad this feature request makes sense to you too !

Anyway that's quite a secondary request (even if quite useful), I imagine how busy you might be Jim with everything else.
Multi-thread rendering for AUs is what I wait the most (can't wait !).
Thank you so much Jim for listening to our suggestions : amazing support for an amazing software !
Totally understood, it is on the list...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-26-2012, 09:08 AM

Bumping this thread after the N4 annoucement...
Did this feature find its way in N4 ? My stacks are getting more and more complex, with lots of modules... it's tricky to keep it all clean !
Old 08-26-2012, 10:53 AM

I'm working away feverishly in Numerology while I'm trying to buck a late summer cold..

This combinator stack sounds interesting.

I'm thinking still the ability to hide modules that aren't strictly needed for visual feedback once things are setup would do alot to help clean up stacks.