Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
I'm thinking still the ability to hide modules that aren't strictly needed for visual feedback once things are setup would do alot to help clean up stacks.
That would be already neat !

Being able to group, save and load several modules into macros would be fantastic too.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
Bumping this thread after the N4 annoucement...
Did this feature find its way in N4 ? My stacks are getting more and more complex, with lots of modules... it's tricky to keep it all clean !
That is undetermined as of yet... My recommendation for now is to build a 'control panel' at the top of the module with FaderBoxes, TripleXYs and ButtonBoxes, so when using the stack, you only need to interact with those.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM

Ok, that's what I just did today with busiest stack ever
Is there any way to link/sync preset switch for 2 stacks ?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok, that's what I just did today with busiest stack ever
Is there any way to link/sync preset switch for 2 stacks ?
Use param mod on StackOutput, nextPresetNum....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-30-2012, 04:31 AM

Perfect, thank you !
Old 09-08-2012, 05:19 PM

I'm partial to the idea of a special stack type that uses folders and the configurable view options mentioned, but displays shortcuts to modules used in other stacks. Then I could say automatically put all the CV modules, all the sequencers or all or stacks 1-4 into it and then delete solely the "references" to the modules that I don't want to see.

I feel like groups or racks within stacks would be useful on a micro level, but perhaps lead to more confusion on a macro level?

I guess it's personal preference if you want fewer larger stacks with groups or folders or more smaller stacks in need of an overview. I can see each being useful.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 AM

You're right, it comes to personal preferences. To me, the more stacks the trickier setting preset playlist / sequencing on the timeline it gets. And I don't know if I'd have enough CV busses if I'd split my stacks into smaller ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Use param mod on StackOutput, nextPresetNum....
Dumb question : which CV input then ? I couldn't figure that out. Does it also work when using the timeline ?

Off topic (sorry !) : Jim, I have a pretty annoying bug with the Timeline : It would randomly refuse to write the chosen preset and would write another random one instead. Duplicating (then renaming not to lose it) then erasing that former preset temporally solve it out... until it does it again. Known bug ?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Dumb question : which CV input then ? I couldn't figure that out. Does it also work when using the timeline ?
You have to use ParamMod to get to the NextPresetNum param... Let me know if you get stuck and I'll get you an example.

Quote:
Off topic (sorry !) : Jim, I have a pretty annoying bug with the Timeline : It would randomly refuse to write the chosen preset and would write another random one instead. Duplicating (then renaming not to lose it) then erasing that former preset temporally solve it out... until it does it again. Known bug ?
New to me. If you can, email me a test project saved just before you see the erroneous behavior, then let me know which track and preset you are trying to add.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 02-12-2014, 04:45 AM

I can't think of anything i'd want more than some sort of grouping of modules. Even just being able to hide modules and giving the group a distinguishing look, like larger text and some color/shape, would be a nice feature. What would be really awesome of course is user made modules where one could combine built in modules (hopefully including a code block) and configure IO and lay out a UI, but i'll be very happy just to have the basic solution.