Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 AM

Default Arturia SparkLE controller

Hi,

I have bought Arturia SparkLE with the Spark2 software and that is a nice addition, indeed. However, the controller is generating an warning message that I am having difficulties to understand and to avoid.

The point is that when I click on "Edit" for the Spark2 plugin, the software tries to connect to the controller (which is a good thing) but it also warns about the MIDI connections and this is where I am rather clueless.

The warning message is: "In order for the Spark controller to work correctly with Spark used in plug-in mode, it is nexessary to turn off some MIDI connections in your DAW MIDI settings. Please refer to the User's Manual for more information".

(screen shot at http://bit.ly/1vBkLEq)

I have read the manual but have to admit that I still do not understand what the warning is about. Apparently there are a couple of internal MIDI ports that should not be used and perhaps this message only is to remind me not to use them - I have no idea.

So, bottom line: has anyone else used the Spark2/SparkLE combination with Numerology? Is this warning something I should be concerned about, i.e., should I do something in the Numerology settings for MIDI somehow or is it OK to just check the box that reads "Don't show this message again"?

Cheers,

K
Old 08-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
I have read the manual but have to admit that I still do not understand what the warning is about. Apparently there are a couple of internal MIDI ports that should not be used and perhaps this message only is to remind me not to use them - I have no idea.

So, bottom line: has anyone else used the Spark2/SparkLE combination with Numerology? Is this warning something I should be concerned about, i.e., should I do something in the Numerology settings for MIDI somehow or is it OK to just check the box that reads "Don't show this message again"?
Hmm, that's odd... Anyway, if the plugin works properly, then yes, probably fine to not show that message again. FYI: The only MIDI directly routed to any plugin is that which is setup on the MIDI In port.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-12-2014, 03:41 PM

I have used it with numerology and no problem at all. I had this warning too but i think it only there to warn you of possible problems.
The only problem i have is that it use too much CPU. I prefer to use it as standalone and sync it with numerology.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clvoy View Post
I have used it with numerology and no problem at all. I had this warning too but i think it only there to warn you of possible problems.
The only problem i have is that it use too much CPU. I prefer to use it as standalone and sync it with numerology.
How do you do that? The only way I have used it is as a plugin and (fingers crossed) I have yet to see the CPU go glowing amber... Still, it is a scary concept to max out the CPU during a gig - don't want to do that, no siree!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:39 AM

I send the clock from Spark to Numrology.

It works well.

Tags
arturia, spark2, sparkle