Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM

Default something like p-locks and macro controls, Elektron style...

Hi,

maybe it was covered somewhere already, couldn't find...

I'd love to be able to assign one control like a fader in the faderbank or a sequencer step to more then one parameter of let's say audio unit instrument, or send more then one MIDI CC.
One way to do p-locks(easiest to implement too,i guess) would be to have dedicated presets in faderbox module, with preset parameter controllable from another modules. This way we could do fast change of multiple parameter of one or more destinations on every step of the sequencer assigned to the 'preset'. Not as fun and fast as assigning p-locks and changing the values on Octatrack, but would do i think.

For the macro controls we would need to have some kind of 'main' fader which would affect all the other, interpolating their values based on it's minimum and maximum values, or ability to morph between two presets of faderbank, or both,haha.

Well, just some ideas i've got after playing with Elektron box. Numerology seems to be quite advanced sequencer, but some things which would make it more dynamic are missing, this would really bring realtime performing experience with it to the whole new level in my opinion...

Thanks for watching
Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 PM

looks like there ARE ways to do these things with existing modules/options...

Preset sequencing with assigning every preset to the midi note and then setting up mono note sequencer in another stack as it's midi remote. Quite task to put not for every preset you create, but i think i've read something about it being done automatically in the new version, no?

And some people mentioning 'parammods' as a way to assign multiple parameters to one control, have to search for it...
Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomute View Post
looks like there ARE ways to do these things with existing modules/options...

Preset sequencing with assigning every preset to the midi note and then setting up mono note sequencer in another stack as it's midi remote. Quite task to put not for every preset you create, but i think i've read something about it being done automatically in the new version, no?
Yes, double-click on any Stack's tab to get the Stack Detail dialog. Turn 'Preset Auto MIDI Assign' On, set the type to prog chg or note, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomute View Post
And some people mentioning 'parammods' as a way to assign multiple parameters to one control, have to search for it...
Use a FaderBox and one or more ParamMod modules. Route the CV out from one of the faders to two or more ParamMod 'voices' -- tweak the ranges, etc. This is a bit more work than MIDI Learn, but you get very detailed control on what happens. ParamMod is covered a bit in this video: http://www.five12.com/t4.html -- I plan to do new videos for it when N4 is released. The ParamMod is also covered pretty well in the manual.

Also of note in this area is RT Automation, which still needs a few usability tweaks before I start pushing for it. RTA makes it super-easy to automate just about anything on the fly from a hardware controller.

Cheers,
Jim

Tags
macro controls, p-locks, performance